How do we use CA Librarian Comparator II to compare the current version of a member to an archived version?
1. The Comparator II program will only compare a member between two separate files, either a Librarian master file with a PDS or Librarian master file to another Librarian master file.
2. You would either need to copy an archive level of a member to a PDS or copy the archive level of a member to another Librarian master file.
3. If you have an existing PDS or even a test Librarian master file, you can use the utility function in ELIPS to copy.
4. Run the COMP2 job.
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=COMP2
//SYSUT1 DD DSN=your.master.file1,DISP=SHR
//SYSUT2 DD DSN=your.master.file2,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPUNCH DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
5. In the above example the master file 'your.master.file1' contains the archived member ACCESS that was copied from master file 'your.master.file2' which was renamed to ACCESS1 during the ELIPS utility copy process.
6. Master file 'your.master.file2' holds the current version for member ACCESS.
Please refer to the CA Librarian User Guide Chapter 9 Using Comparator II.