vmware probe data collection error
We attempted to deploy the VMware probe to a VCenter server. We were able to configure it to connect to the VMware API successfully and it discovers all of the components of the VMware environment (i.e. ESX hosts, datastores, etc...). However, shortly after it starts running, we get the following error message:
"vsnhxxxxx is not responding (reason: Unexpected fatal error in data collection. Collection will not resume until probe is restarted. See log for details.)"
- The out of the box vmware java heap memory parameters were too low.
- UIM 8.31
- vmware probe v6.72
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
In the vmware.cfg, startup->opt section showed:
options = -Xms32m -Xmx512m -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US
To resolve this issue follow the steps below:
1. Using Raw Configure, increase the memory to:
options = -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US
2. Click Ok/Apply
3. Cold Start the probe (Deactivate-Activate)
4. Check the log again to make sure the error has been resolved.