I've just upgraded my Panvalet software to release 14.6. Now I need to apply any maintenance that has been issued since the base release. Is there a cumulative group of PTFs available for download?
No, there is not a cumulative group of PTFs available for download, however you can download all the PTFs at one time via CSO.
Instructions on how to download PTFs via CSO.
- Logon to support.ca.com CSO
• Hover cursor over 'Download Center' and click the 'Download Solution' link.
• See 'Download Center' page.
1. Click on the dropdown box under 'Select a Product'
a. type PANVLAET
b. click on CA PANVALET - MVS
2. Click on the dropdown box under 'Select a Release'
a. select 14.6
3. Click 'CA PANVALET for OS/390 within the box under 'Select a Component(s)'
a. 'Select all' should be unchecked
b. 'Select Panvalet TSO' - if applicable
c. 'Select Panvalet'
d 'Select Panvalet ISPF' - if applicable
4. Ensure 'Select a Gen Level' dropbox shows '0000'
5. Leave 'Enter High Fix' blank
6. Leave 'Confirmed Since' blank
7. Change 'Results per Page' to 100
8. Click Go
9. Click 'Add All to Cart (per page)' - is located on the right side of the page
• Click 'View Download Cart' - on right side
1. See 'My Download Cart' page
2. Scroll down to bottom of page; see 'Checkout'
3. Fill in correct email address
4. Click the blue 'checkout' button
5. See the 'Download Package Details' page
6. Ensure 'Do you want a complete package for all?' specifies Yes
7. Click blue 'Continue' button
• See 'Review Download Requests'
1. 'Today's Downloads' should have entry indicating 'In Process'
2. Wait to receive email indicating Download cart is ready
3. Click on link in email; you will have to log on to CSO if not still logged in
• Tailor your local FTP job using the 'Alternate FTP' information and run to download the zip package to your local USS environment, usually named scart0.zip
Note: 'Preferred FTP' does not provide a zip file, only individual files which CAUNZIP cannot use
• Tailor and run your local CAUNZIP job to breakout the zip package and create SMPPTFIN within your local USS environment
• Run local SMP/e APPLY which uses the files created by CAUNZIP
– SMP/e will ignore any PTFs that are already applied so there is no reason to be selective, just APPLY them all.
CAUNZIP is easy to use because it automates separating files (PTFs and informational PTFs) and preparating for SMP/e processing.
For CAUNZIP, FTP information and sample JCL, refer to link: