In Microsoft Project (MSP), a Resource's calendar does not show, nor does the drop down to view other calendars for the project, if the Resource's calendar has been changed from the default set up for the calendar. This resource's calendar also isn’t viewable from other resources' calendars on the project in MSP.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new calendar:
2. Create a new resource with the calendar created in Step 1:
3. Create a new project and add the resource created in Step 2 to the Team tab
4. Export the project to MSP
5. Go to the 'View' tab and then click on the 'Resource Sheet' view
6. Right click on the resource added in Step 3 and select 'Information…'
7. Click on the 'Change Working Time …' button
Expected Results: The name of the Calendar associated with the Resource shows up with a drop down to view other available calendars
Actual Results: The drop down with the name of the Calendar associated with the Resource does not show and a message instead states "Calendar '<Resource Name>' is a base calendar."
This issue is also reflected if you add the column 'Base Calendar' to the Resource Sheet view. For any resources that have this issue, the Base Calendar field is blank, but all other resource’s calendars show.
This is caused by: DE32693
This applies to the CA PPM 15.1 and 15.2 MSP New Driver
This issue is fixed in CA PPM 15.3.
1. View the calendar in PPM:
2. If modifying shifts, use the best practice of creating a new calendar if someone works a non-standard shift and only modify the shifts for the Calendar at the Administration->Base Calendars level not at the resource calendar level.
Note: For existing resources with the issue, create a new calendar in Administration->Project Management->Base Calendars with the desired shifts, change the resource's calendar to the new calendar, and click 'Reset to Base' on the Calendar tab for the resource.