The following error is seen when launching DX NetOps Spectrum MIB Tools:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Access denied for user 'OC_user'@'localhost' to database 'mibtools'
Component: MIB Tools
The permissions of the OC_user user in the mibtools database are corrupt.
NOTE: Starting from DX NetOps Spectrum 21.2.4, the default root password for MySql is "MySqlR00t". For DX NetOps Spectrum versions prior to 21.2.4, the default root password is "root".
Do the following to correct the OC_user user permissions in the mibtools database replacing <PASSWD> with the MySql root password for your version of DX NetOps Spectrum.
1. Log into the OneClick systems as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory
4. Run the following command to log into mysql:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -p<PASSWD>
5. Enter the following command at the mysql prompt:
GRANT ALL ON mibtools.* to "OC_user"@"localhost" identified by "0n3cl1Ck";
6. Enter the following command at the mysql prompt:
7. Enter quit at the mysql prompt to exit
8. Launch MIB Tools as normal