When using the Path Explorer feature in Agile Designer, I am receiving the following error message:
Work-group license is required for path optimization. For additional features please contact CA Support.
<Please see attached file for image>
If you receive this error message it means the license you were provided with is actually a 'Stand-alone' ARD license, which does not include test case generation capabilities. Either your contract does not entitle you to these capabilities so you were given this type of license, or you were given the wrong type of license.
Here are the definitions of each license type:
If you have any contract questions, please contact your CA Account Manager. If you do not know who your account manager is, please call CA Customer Care at one of these numbers: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html
If you think you are entitled to a Work-group license and were give a Stand-alone license in error, please follow the resolution steps below.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer
First you will need to delete your existing license which is causing the error message, then you will need to request and apply a new license to ARD.
1. Delete your existing license.
- Directions: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1123134.html
2. Request and apply a new license:
- Directions for Offline licenses: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1147813.html
- Directions for Online licenses: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1424828.html
(In the license request form description section, make sure to note that you are requesting a work-group license specifically)
If you experience any further licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call CA Customer Care at one of these numbers: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.