- When we submit a JOB as usual from our TSO environment locally, i.e. on the same node we are logged onto., we always receive message
"TSS7102E Password Missing" which correspond to DRC 007.
- The job used to reproduce the case looks like below:
//USER123A JOB ACCT£,USER123,CLASS=2,REGION=0M,
//S000010 EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
- Here we are not in a NJE environment then TEC1418702 doesn't apply.
- The reason why it was occurring was due to the DEFPROT attribute set on the PROPCNTL resource class.
- The PROPCNTL class looks like:
RESOURCE CLASS = PROPCNTL
RESOURCE CODE = X"079" POSIT = 119
ATTRIBUTE = NOMASK,MAXOWN(08),MAXPERMIT(008),ACCESS,PRIVPGM,DEFPROT
ACCESS = NONE(0000),ALTER(FFFF),CONTROL(0800),UPDATE(8000)
ACCESS = READ(4000),ALL(FFFF)
DEFACC = READ
- If the ACID submitting the job is defined to PROPCNTL then an explicit password is required on the job.
Or the PROPCNTL class has been set to DEFPROT, that would cause all users to require a password.
- Top Secret will no longer insert passwords under any circumstances in r16.
- A workaround is to insert the password on the job card, what it is not recommended due to possible exposure to have clear password on JCL source.
- Remove the DEFPROT attribute solved this kind of issue
- If you want to have more details about CA Top Secret PROPCNTL resource class go to link: