When trying to connect to Datamaker, I am receiving the following error message:
FATAL CA Test Data Manager- Datamaker logon error
Cannot connect using supplied values from parameter file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker\rep.xml" - please contact your administrator.
If the connection profile details you are logging in/connecting with do not match what is in your rep.xml file, you will receive this error message. This error message is usually seen after an upgrade or if any connection details to the repository database has changed.
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- Datamaker
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker
2. Find the rep.xml file.
3. Rename the file to 'rep_old.xml'.
4. Save changes.
5. Re-launch Datamaker.
- Now we are presented with the Repository Connection screen.
6. Connect to your repository.
7. Connect to a profile.
8. Create a new rep.xml file to store your credentials again.
- Directionsto do this: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-4/en/installing/create-rep-xml-file-to-store-repository-credentials
9. Perform repository maintenance.
- Directions to do this: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-4/en/installing/install-ca-test-data-manager/perform-repository-maintenance
10. Log out and back into Datamaker to verify it is resolved.
These links have more details with screenshots if you have questions about the documentation:
- How to Perform Repository Maintenance in Test Data Manager- Datamaker: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1913171.html
- How to create a new rep.xml file in Datamaker: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1656693.html
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.