How to configure CA Spectrum events to be processed differently for a specific Model Type
In CA Spectrum, I would like to configure an event to generate an alarm if the Model Type of the model is Rtr_Cisco (for example). For all other models, for the same event, only log an event.
The following instructions will configure an event to generate an alarm if the Model Type of the model is Rtr_Cisco. For all other models, for the same event, only an event will be logged.
1. Log into OneClick as an ADMIN user with access to the Event Configuration editor.
2. Launch the Event Configuration editor by selecting Tools->Utilities-> Event Configuration from the top level menu
3. Click on the "Creates a new event" icon to create a new event. This will be the event that will only log the event and not generate an alarm for the Rtr_Cisco model type. After creating the event, be sure to click on the "Saves changes to selected events" icon or select either File -> Save All or Save Selected from the top level menu.
4. In the Navigation panel, select the event you just created:
a. Click on the Event Options tab
b. Click on the Override button to the right of the Scope field
c. Filter for and select Rtr_Cisco from the list and click the OK button
d. You should now see two instances of the same event in the Navigation panel. The first one created that generates only an event a new one:
5. Select the new event and finish configuring it to assert the alarm. Then, click on the "Saves changes to selected events" icon or select either File -> Save All or Save Selected from the top level menu.
In the $SPECROOT/custom/Events directory area, there will now be two EventDisp files that contain the parameters for your new event. The one in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/EventDisp file will be the event that only generates an event:
0xfff00003 E 0
The one in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/Cisco_Router/Rtr_Cisco/EventDisp file will contain the entry to assert a Critical alarm on a Rtr_Cisco model for the same event:
0xfff00003 E 0 A 3,0xfff00003
For models that were created using the Rtr_Cisco model type, Spectrum will use the entry in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/Cisco_Router/Rtr_Cisco/EventDisp file to process the event. All other models will use the enter in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/EventDisp file to process the event.
Please reference the "Event Configuration" section of the documentation for more information.