How to backup/restore job, jobset, trigger, station, calendar and message action/record definitions either on the same box or on a different box
Article ID: 55160
Compress Data Compression for MVS
Compress Data Compression for Fujitsu
Unicenter Job Management Option
CA Unicenter NSM
To copy all jobs, jobsets, stations, calendars, message records and actions from one machine to another or for the same machine (backup and restore), you can use the following commands:
- For jobs, jobsets and triggers:
- cauexpr -a (backup)
- Output will be written to cauexpr.txt file in the current directory.
- cautil -f cauexpr.txt (restore)
- For Stations: You need to create them manually.
- For Calendars:
For message records and actions:
- caldb save cal.dsb
- This dumps the CAICALDB to a dsb file.
- caldb script cal.dsb > cal.txt
- This takes the cal.dsb file you created in the above step and dumps it to a text file cal.txt.
- cautil -f cal.txt (restore)
- oprdb script db > filename.txt (backup)
- cautil -f filename.txt (restore)
Release: TNGEXO05500-11.1-Management-for Microsoft Exchange