Several steps are involved in increasing the 601 database for CA 11. This involves backing up
the database, allocating the larger file, and reloading the database from the backup.
Use the following process to increase areas of the 601 database :
1. Suspend all CA 11 activity against this Multi-User
Note: If TRKRMS=NO is specified in the CONFIG file, you will have to issue SHUTDOWN to CA 11
instead of performing the SUSPEND
2. Run DBUTLTY (run with DATACOM Multi-User Up)
3. Check on Multi-User if base has been put in ACCESS OFF
Message DB00607I - BASE 601 ACCESS OFF
4. Run AL7BKUP (L730BKUP in r3.0) JCL to backup Entire CA 11 database files
5. Rename existing 601 file to be increased (JHF601,DSN601 etc.)
Run AL7AD2 (L730AD2 in r3.0) to allocate a larger 601 file with secondary allocation
6. Run AL7LD1 (L730LD1 in r3.0) to reload CA 11 database files
7. Resume or Restart CA 11 depending on action taken in Step 1
Note: Any increase to the JHF601 and DSN601 will have an effect on the sizing of the IXX601.
As a rule of thumb, the IXX should be as large as the largest of JHF601 or DSN601.
The areas of the 601 database can also be increased dynamically using the Datacom on-demand feature DYNAMIC_EXTEND which
increases space of the DSN while the base is open. For additional information regarding this process please see the following tech docs:
How to dynamically extend the CA 11 601 database area while the database is open
How to extend a Datacom area while the database is open
As always, please contact Broadcom support for Workload Automation Restart Option for z/OS Schedulers if you have further questions.