After new installation or upgrade to Audit version r8 SP1 CR1 (Build 22.214.171.124) or newer seven Audit services are running but the eighth, the "eTrust Audit Redirector" service, is set to "Startup Type: Disabled".
The "eTrust Audit Redirector" service applies to the Windows environment only.
The Audit Redirector service is disabled by default during installation/upgrade.
This is by design beginning with Audit version r8 SP1 CR1 (Build 126.96.36.199).
This has remained in effect for all subsequent versions:
- version r8 SP1 CR2 (Build 188.8.131.52)
- version r8 SP2 (Build 184.108.40.206)
- version r8 SP2 (Build 220.127.116.11)
- version r8 SP2 (Build 18.104.22.168)
The Audit Redirector service is ONLY used/needed when "BOTH" situations below apply:
- If you want to collect Access Control events into Audit.
- When you are running eTrust Access Control (eAC) version 5.3 and lower and NOT using the eAC iRecorder to collect AC events.
If eAC is not used or if eAC version 8 or higher is used then the eTrust Audit Redirector service should be disabled.
This service can cause error conditions if it is active when it is not required.