How to move attachment files from the primary server to the secondary server/s and vice versa.
Service Desk "Attachments" are stored in a Document Repository. This is often set up on the primary server to begin with, but later it may be desired to have these located on a secondary server. These steps illustrate moving the repository and the attachments from one location to another.
See also the knowledge base document on setting up a repository daemon on a secondary server.
- Run pdm_status and make sure Repository Daemon is running on the secondary server.
- Go to 'Attachments Library' -> 'Repositories' on Administration tab. Then right click on a Repository you want to move and select 'View'.
Check the "Upload Path".
- Move the 'files' folder defined as Upload Path to a new drive/folder on the secondary server.
- Go to 'Attachments Library' -> 'Repositories' on Administration tab again. Right click on the Repository and select 'Edit'.
- Change the Upload Path to a new directory path and change Server Name and Servlet Path to the secondary server. Save it.
The existing attachments on tickets will automatically be linked to the new Repository path.
- Please notice that if this step is not done, attachments will not work and there will not be outstanding error messages in stdlog/jsrvr.log/pdm_tomcat_nxd.log
For more information please refer to the following technical document: TEC481361