When converting an idea to a project if the Billing Currency attribute is not on the project create page, the Billing Currency changes from the value set in the Idea to the default.
Steps to Reproduce:
5. Enter required information and click 'Save'
6. From the Properties drop down on the project select 'Settings' and view the 'Billing Currency' value
Expected Results: Billing Currency is set as 'JPY'
Actual Results: Billing Currency is set as the default currency, 'USD'
This applies to Clarity 14.3 and higher
This is working as designed. The Billing Currency Code field should be added to the Project Layout: Create page so that the value is populated from the Idea. If the field is not on the create page, the project is created using the system default currency code.
Steps to add the Billing Currency field to the Project Create page so the currency comes over as set in the Idea during the conversion:
1. In PPM go to Administration->Objects->Project->Views
2. Click 'Layout: Create' next to Project Properties
3. Click the Properties icon next to 'General'
4. Move 'Billing Currency' from Available to one of the Selected Columns and click Save.
Now when you convert the idea to a project, you should see it copy over the correct Billing Currency value.
Reference When converting an idea to a project, the Billing Currency changes from the value set in the Idea for a defect fixed in 14.3