ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How can I deploy a package to specific users on a computer?
Article ID: 53663
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
CA Client Automation - Software Delivery
Is there a way to deploy a package to specific users on a computer, instead of deploying it to the computer which makes it available to all users?
Client Automation - All versions
To push out a package to specific users on a computer, 'User Profiles' support has to be enabled:
- In the DSM Explorer drill down to Control Panel->Configuration.
- Right-click 'Configuration Policy' and select 'New Policy'.
- In the new policy ('User Profiles' in this example) set the 'Registration: Supported unit types' policy to 'Computer + User Profile'.
This policy is under DSM->Agent->Common Agent->Software Delivery.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the policy and select 'Seal'.
- Apply the policy to the desired computers.
Once this policy is applied successfully to the computers you will see the computer users under 'All User Profiles'.
Ex: ABC\User1, ABC\User2
(Where ABC is the name of the computer and User1 & User2 are the users on the computer)
You can then push a package to the desired user by deploying the package to the user under 'All User Profiles' and it will execute in the context of that user on the computer.
Note: The user needs to be logged on to the computer for job to be executed.