The CreateWorkflowTask web service method can be used to add a workflow task to an existing change order via web services. However, this method may fail with Error Code 1000.
Reasons for failure
- Invalid input parameters: Three parameters are mandatory for this method
If any input parameter is incorrect, then the web service method fails.
- ObjectHandle: This is the persid of the change order to which the workflow task need to be attached.
- CreatorHandle: This is the UUID of the contact creating the workflow task.
- TaskType: This is the workflow task type (Approve, Wait etc). The code of a task type need to be used instead of the persid . Ex: The Approval has a code APP and persid of tskty:700. The code APP needs to be used instead of tskty:7002.
- Category missing on change category: The CreateWorkflowTask method only works if the change order has a change category associated with it.
- The category associated with the change order is linked to CA Workflow process definition: If the change category on the change order being updated via web service is liked to a process definition in CA Workflow, the web service method fails.
A change order can use either CA Workflow or Classic workflow but not both on the same change order.