Getting Manager Node Failed CMM000089 on remote DSM Explorer.
Article ID: 53501
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers - Configuration Automation
CA Client Automation - Asset Management
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
CA Client Automation - Remote Control
CA Client Automation - Asset Intelligence
CA Client Automation - Desktop Migration Manager
CA Client Automation - Patch Manager
CA IT Asset Manager
CA Software Asset Manager (CA SAM)
ASSET PORTFOLIO MGMT- SERVER
CA Server Automation
CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio Management
CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
Remote DSM Explorer component installed on XP or Vista cannot connect to the Domain \ Enterprise Manager. This is because, default domain is not set or there are multiple DMs in the Environment.
- Open DSM Explorer
- It will give the error mentioned in the issue.
- Click on OK
- You should see a Blank DSM Explorer window opened.
- Right click on the text DSM Explorer on the left hand side window.
- Select Browse Domains.
- Enter the name of the domain that you are trying to connect.
- Enter the appropriate credentials.
- Once done, you should be able to access the domain.
- If you are able to access the Domain without any issues, then right-click on the Domain Name on the left hand side and select "Set as Default Domain".
- Close DSM Explorer and open it again. Check whether you receive the same error again.
<Please see attached file for image>
Release: UASIT.99000-11.2-Asset Intelligence