We no longer need CPF on this system. How do I remove it without affecting other processing?
CPF can be removed from the system without an IPL. These are the steps:
- Issue a SHOW CPF to determine the current environment, i.e.; the names of the journal files to be deleted and the identity of other nodes whose CPF records may have to be changed.
- Set NOCPF in the GSO OPTS record for the appropriate sysid.
- REFRESH the OPTS and CPF records.
- Issue SHOW CPF to verify it is stopped.
- Follow up with a SHOW CPF on the other nodes in the network (see #1).
- Delete the NODEDEF record defining this node from the CPF records at the other nodes.
These are the ACF2 and operator commands to accomplish these steps:
- set c(gso) sysid(xxxx) for local sysid
cha opts nocpf
- set c(cpf) sysid(xxxx)
- f acf2,refresh(opts)
- set c(cpf) sysid(yyyy) for local sysid
del nodedef.zzzzzzzz where zzzzzzzz is the name of the node being deleted
If the CPF OPTIONS record on the remote systems includes references to the deleted node, issue the following commands as appropriate:
cha options dftcmd(zzzzzzzz) del
cha options dftpsw(zzzzzzzz) del