By default, out-of-the-box, Clarity creates app-niku.log and bg-niku.log and 3 rotating backups before the first gets overwritten. Each file is 5 MB in size.
How can you change the size of these logs and the number of sequential backup files that are stored?
It is possible to configure the logger.xml file to change both the size of your log files and the number of log files stored. In order to change these settings do the following:
- Open logger.xml with a text editor. It is located in the $CLARITY_HOME\config directory.
- Locate the section that contains the following line:
<param name="File" value="../logs/niku.log"/>
- Change the values for "MaxFileSize" and "MaxBackupIndex" to the values you want.
- Save your changes.
- These changes now need to be loaded into Clarity CMN_CONFIG table. Use either one of the following methods.
- Log into NSA. Click on your server name. Click on the Logs tab -> Edit Configuration -> edit any one of the settings and click on the "Save" button. You may overwrite an existing value. There is no need to change to a new value.
- Run the following command from the command line in the $CLARITY_HOME\bin directory:
nikuadmin general upload-config -info
- Restart the app and bg services.
The above procedure will successfully change the number of log files retained and/or the size of your app-niku.log and bg-niku.log files.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, logger.