It is difficult to do Inline editing for a Grid Portlet with large string values in the row in Classic PPM
Article ID: 5298
Clarity PPM On Premise
Inline editing doesn't work for large text boxes/large string attributes in portlets/objects
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to Clarity PPM as admin
- Go to Administration --> Studio --> Portlets
- Search for "Project Schedule" portlet.
- Open the Portlet.
- Go to List Column Section --> Layout.
- Add the Objective attribute among the Selected Columns.
- Click Save and Return.
- Go to Home --> General page.
- Click on "Manage my Tabs" icon and add the Project schedule portlet in any of the Tabs.
- Open a project and add a huge text value with many lines (more than 25).
- See the row corresponding to that project in the Project Schedule portlet. The row will be having a bigger height to display the entire data.
- Double click on that value to do inline edit.
Expected result: The editable box should be of equal size
Actual result: The Editable box becomes of very small height showing only 2-3 lines at a time.
Screen shot below:
Reviewed by Sustaining Engineering as CLRT-80970
All supported Releases
- Sustaining Engineering reviewed this issue and determined it would not be able to be fixed
- Options to edit the large string values:
- Open the Project and edit or modify the Field value from the properties page
- Reduce the number of columns in the list view or grid to allow more space for editing in the list view or grid.
- The other option is to use the New User Experience where the large string fields edit view is improved
- Below is a screen shot of a test done with a custom sub object linked to the project object in the New UX.
- The popup screen appears when you double click on the large string you want to edit.