I was able to login into the WAM UI, however the WAM UI was unable to connect to the policy server.
I started the application server. Watching console while trying to log into Admin UI (with same error showing up) I saw:
ERROR [AdministratorRelationship] Failed to flush administrator record for user [superuser] 9999999"
"com.ca.siteminder.uiagent.UIAgentException: Could not connect to Policy Server".
This issue could be for two reasons:
- The policy Server is down.
- The connection between the Policy Server and the WAM UI is not longer valid.
To fix the connection customer has to re-register the connection between the Policy Server and the WAM UI as follow:
- Open a command prompt from the machine that is hosting the Policy Server, and run the following command:
Xpsregclient <client_name> -adminui -su
For instance: xpsregclient wamuicli -adminui -su
- Configure the Administrative UI and Policy Server connection.
- Open a supported Web browser and enter:
The Administrative UI login screen opens.
- Log in using the credentials of the Super User you identified when installing the Administrative UI.
- Click Administration, Connections.
- Click UI, Register Administration UI Server. The Register Administration UI Server panel opens.
- Type a connection name, Policy Server host, Policy Server Port, Client name and passphrase.
- Click Submit.
For more information, please check the SiteMinder R12 Installation Guide Chapter 8: Installing the Administrative UI.