USM will occasionally show no alarms ICON in groups tree for all groups (all green) and then returns to normal (actual alarm state)
Problem occurs intermittently and regularly every 3-5 minutes and lasts for 3-5 minutes
This is a product problem and is resolved by applying a patch/hotfix.
Hotfix for the Trellis NAS API Service which gets the alarms and presents them to USM.
If you cannot locate this package on the UIM Hotfix Index, please contact CA UIM Support.
1. Download this and deploy it to the primary hub
2. Restart the trellis probe
3. Reload UMP/USM
CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index:
Package: nas-api-service 8.51 Release Notes
Release Date: 01-25-2017
- improved performance retrieving alarms to display in USM
- resolves an issue where alarm status in USM reverts to "all green" every few minutes
- improved performance displaying large amounts of historic alarms
This should be deployed to the primary hub. It will not appear as an installed probe, but runs
as a service within the Trellis probe.
This package applies to UIM 8.4 or higher only. These issues are resolved in UIM 8.51.
This problem should be resolved with UIM 8.5.1 and the fix should not be necessary with that product.