When trying to run a web intelligence report in Java infoview users get an error "An internal error occurred while calling the opendocumentMDP.api (Error:WIS30270)" . This document explains the causes and steps to resolve the error.
The error message "An internal error occurred while calling the opendocumentMDP.api (Error:WIS30270)" is displayed in Infoview for various reasons described below See Fig 1.
<Please see attached file for image>
- Incompatible JRE version installed on the client's computer.
- Uninstall the JRE present on the computer from Add/Remove Programs.
- Login to Infoview and run the report, it prompts to install the JRE, select Yes and complete the installation of JRE. The report will open after installing the JRE.
Note: To run the JRE installer, the user should have administrator rights on the local machine.
- Microsoft Data Access Components are not updated:
Solution: MDAC components are required. The reports fail if the mdac components are not installed.
Incorrect Universe Connection:
- Download and install the latest version of MDAC components.
Solution: The test should return a message "The Server is responding" If it fails re-check the connection parameters.
Save the universe and export it back to CMS.