A task is on an un-posted timesheet with pending actuals. The Project manager then opens the project in Open Workbench (OWB) and saves the project as an rmp file without retain locks. The PM then tries to save the project back to the CA PPM application over the original project and gets the warning: You are overwriting project NIKU\XXXXX in PPM with this project. The contents of the PPM project will be lost. Are you sure you want to continue?
If they answer yes then the original project is purged from PPM except for tasks with actuals or pending actuals. The tasks with pending actuals are removed from the timesheet, but the pending actuals are not deleted and should be.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project in the application
- Add a resource
- Assign a resource to a task
- Create a timesheet and enter time on it for the task
- Submit and Approve the timesheet
- Open the project in OWB
- Save As without retain locks to an rmp file
- Close and re-open the rmp file
- Save as and select the project in PPM
- Click Ok and you get: You are overwriting project NIKU\XXXXX in PPM with this project. The contents of the PPM project will be lost. Are you sure you want to continue?
- Answer Yes
- View the timesheet and note the task is missing
- Open the project back in OWB
- Note the task is now under the Deleted Task Phase and has pending actuals
Expected: The pending actuals to be removed when the task is removed from the timesheet.
Actual: The task now has pending actuals and is not on a timesheet.
- If the task does not have posted actual hours and you want to delete it, then go ahead and delete the task since it is duplicated
- If the task has actuals, it cannot be deleted through the application UI. Contact Technical Support for a solution.
Resolved in CA Clarity PPM 13.0