Retiring an element will turn polling off and the element will not be used in comparisons during discovery. Historical reports will still be able to be run against the retired element.
For eHealth version 5.6.5 and later:
1. In the Poller Configuration UI, select the element(s) to be retired
2. Click the retire element button to retire the elements.
Also, starting with versions 5.6.5 and later, elements can be retired form the command line with the nhModifyElements command:
1. Create a text file with a single column list of element names to retire:
2. Pass as an -inFile to the nhModifyElements command as follows:
nhModifyElements -infile <file> -fieldName nmsState -value Retired
3. Append Retired- to all the element names to avoid naming collisions (duplicate elements) when re-discovering the device:
(You can use any word you choose that will help you identify the element names as retired, i.e, Retired. RET, Old etc
The dash (-) serves as a separator. The following example uses the word Retired-)nhListElements -where "name matches <sysName>*"-outFile retired.txt
(where sysName is the element name itself minus the -RH or interface description
4. Modify inFile< file> to contain the following:
original-name,Retired-original-name (comma and no spaces)
Do this for all elements listed in <file>
5. nhModifyElements -fieldName name -inFile <file>
Verify the name change.
For eHealth version 5.5 and earlier:
1. In the Poller Configuration UI, select the element(s) to be retired and select the 'Modify' option.
2. In the 'Modify Element' dialog box, modify the following element attributes:
a. Set Poll to 'Off'
b. Delete the value in the System Name field
c. Specify '0.0.0.1' in the IP Address field
d. Specify '0' in the Hardware ID field
e. If Discover Key field is populated, delete the contents of that field
3. Select 'OK' to close the 'Modify Element' dialog box.
NOTE: If a different element has been retired with the same agent type and index values, the status bar indicates that an element already exists with these properties. To resolve this problem, change the IP address.
For example, change the IP address from 0.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.2.
4. Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for each element that will be retired.
5. Select 'OK' or 'Apply' in the Poller Configuration UI to save the changes.
Release: LHBASC99000-6.2-eHealth-Live Health Upgrade Elements