The following procedure describes how to reset the Administrator login password in Business Objects when using the MySQL Database.
To reset the administrator password for BOXI, perform the following steps for mysql:
- From the command prompt, cd to the following location
Where "X" is letter drive where BOXI is installed.
Run the below command:
mysql.exe -u root -p
- You will be prompted for a password which you would have used during the BOXI installation. Please type the password and press enter key.
- Now you are presented with the mysql prompt.
- The cms database is usually called as cms. To use the cms database, type the below command:
- Once you are using the correct database, you can then delete rows from the cms_infoobjects5 table. Delete the record with OBJECTID 12 and 13 from the CMS_INFOOBJECTS5 table by running the below command:
delete from cms_infoobjects5 where objectid in (12,13);You would see a similar message as shown below:
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.00 sec)
- Now recycle CMS Services and login to Central Management Console with a blank password. You can now reset the password for Administrator.