Under most conditions, when an element needs to have its polling turned off for some reason, the best way to avoid confusion in Live Status is to also remove the element's ability to be monitored with Live Exceptions. This will cause the single element to change its icon to blue and unmonitored without affecting the rest of the group or it's alarms.
When you stop polling for an element, you have simply stopped collecting data for the element. It is still being monitored by Live Exceptions, it just won't alarm for rules any longer against that element since no new data is available to compare against the rule.
When you remove eHealth's ability to 'Record Detail Data', as far as Live Exceptions is concerned, it is still being monitored but it again has no new data available to alarm against.
What matters to Live Status is what Live Exceptions thinks. As long as the element is able to be monitored by LE, and it is in a group that is applied to at least one profile in LE, then it will always show as monitored by LE. At that point it will show the current status of the element as needed. That could be normal meaning no alarms are currently raised for the element. Or it could be whatever is the currently highest severity level of alarm raised for that particular element.
To have an element show as Unmonitored with the blue icon, you will need to complete one of the following options:
- Remove the option for the element to be monitored with Live Exceptions by deselecting this option in the elements modify UI from the eHealth poller configuration.
- Remove the association of the group that contains the element from the profiles monitoring that group. This will cause the entire group to be blue and unmonitored according to the LS view.
To remove the element from the LS view altogether when changing polling status to off:
- Remove the element from the group (which will remove the element entirely from the LS diagram)..
Why with polling turned off do elements still show as green and normal in Live Status diagrams?
Element shows as Normal Green icon in Live Status view after turning off polling for that element.
Element shows as Normal Green icon in Live Status view after turning off the ability of eHealth to 'Record Detail Data' for an element.
Causes of this problem:
The element will still appear as monitored and Normal in the Live Status view, after removing the ability of eHealth to 'Record Detail Data' for an element, or after shutting off polling for an element, due to the following conditions:
- The element is still being monitored by Live Exceptions profile to group associations.
- The element is still enabled to be monitored by Live Exceptions from the option in the elements modify UI of the eHealth poller configuration.
Changes affecting this problem:
Turned polling off for an element monitored by Live Exceptions and displayed in a Live Status diagram.
Turned off the ability of eHealth to 'Record Detail Data' for an element that is monitored by Live Exceptions and displayed in a Live Status diagram.
(Legacy KB ID CNC TS11337 )