How to manually Configure DataDirect ODBC Driver?
Article ID: 52280
SUPPORT AUTOMATION- SERVER
CA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self Service
CA Service Desk Manager
CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio Management
CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
Steps for configuring DataDirect ODBC Driver:
- Copy the oa_odbc_client folder from cd2\ca_tps.nt\CABO folder of the media.
- Click on Setup from the oa_odbc_client folder.
- Select the default location (recommended) or change the location to install and click Next.
- In the name enter casd_ServiceDesk_server_name (Servername should be upper case)
- In the TCP/IP address, enter the ip address of Service desk Server.
- The tcp port by default is 1706
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, you have to map a drive to ServiceDesk folder on workstation.
<Please see attached file for image>
- In the Client key file, click on Browse and point to the oaclientkey.lic in the ServiceDesk/pdmconf folder or in the odbc_client folder you copied.
- Click on Next to finish the installation after the installation is complete,
- Go to Start->All Programs->Data Direct ODBC Driver->Interactive SQL,
- At the prompt enter connect priveledgedusername*[email protected]_ServiceDesk_Server_Name and hit enter,
- It will return back to the prompt. Try running a command select * from cnt and check if it works.
- Copy the oainfo.ini file from ServiceDesk/pdmconf/schema folder from ServiceDesk server to C:/CASD_ODBC/Schema folder.