TPX can be purchased in several packages depending on the customer's needs. In this solution you can view the features of the TPX Multi-Session Manager Basic Package.
This is the Basic TPX Product. It includes no additional licensed options.
- Multiple Application Support: Allows users of multiple applications to easily access these applications through a single interface, whether they are accessing mainframe-based applications through a physical terminal or TN3270 session.
- Standardized Access Point: Presents a consistent access point for all mainframe application users, allowing them to log on to multiple applications from a single screen.
- Virtual Terminal Support: Simulates the existence of multiple physical terminals through the use of virtual terminals, removing any dependency from the application perspective.
- Session Switching: Supports the easy navigation and timely access to active sessions through the use of forward and backward, jump, menu and command keys.
- Flexibility: CA TPX Session Management is designed to provide the flexibility and mobility users need in their day-to-day interactions with mainframe applications. These features further increase the availability of application sessions and help increase productivity.
- Session Retention: Maintains a user?s sessions to all connected applications even if a session between a physical terminal and CA TPX Session Management terminates. This allows the subsequent restoration of sessions upon a user's reconnection to CA TPX Session Management.
- Session Portability: Allows transfer of all sessions to a different terminal without interruption.
- Administration: Facilitates the maintenance of CA TPX Session Management and associated application and user definitions. This reduces the burden placed on the administrator, particularly when managing large implementations.
- VTAM Generic Resource Support: Multiple CA TPX Session Management instances work together within a parallel sysplex to provide a single application image. Running these instances as a VTAM generic resource allows VTAM and Workload Manager to balance session loads and helps reduce outages due to network or system loads.
- Global Operator: A Global Operator is provided to manage applications and users of all CA TPX Session Management instances from a single point of control (see Figure A). This enables commands and responses to be passed between CA TPX Session Management instances operating with the same generic resource name.
You can review additional features which are included in such packages as:
- TPX Extended Package
- TPX/N-Vision Network Access Package
- TPX Application Package
- TPX Total Session Management Package