While trying to register a project in Datamaker as 'BPT from HP ALM', I am getting an error message of 'Start session failed'.
<Please see attached file for image>
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In Datamaker, register a project.
2. Choose 'BPT from HP ALM' in the 'Register into project' screen.
3. In the 'Register BPT tab', browse for a table or enter a table name.
4. In the 'Choose ALM Object' window, enter in a URL and Hostname.
5. Click the green check mark in the bottom right hand corner.
Actual Result: After entering credentials and server name, we get the error message: Start session failed.
If you are using a direct HP ALM URL in the connection details, you will receive an error message. You need to use the HP ALM Service URL.
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- Datamaker & HP ALM
To resolve this, please do the following:
1. Start the HP ALM Service.
2. Verify service was properly started by opening http://localhost:8095/ in web browser.
- It should display ALMService Service page which list wsdl paths and c# and visual basic example.
3. In Datamaker, choose the HP ALM object screen, provide following information, and click the connect button.
<Please see attached file for image>src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150c000004AK6ZAAW" alt="connect button alm issue.png" width="604" height="74">
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.