How to configure SPECTRUM to assert the DISK THRESHOLD EXCEEDED alarm on the associated Host model.
By default, after creating a Monitored File System, SPECTRUM will assert an alarm on the MonitoredDisk model.
To have the alarm asserted on the associated Host model for an individual Host model:
1. Find and select the Host model
2. Click on the Information tab
3. Find and expand the System Resources -> File Systems -> Monitored File Systems (RFC 2790) folder
4. Set the Generate Alarm On Device Model
To change the default setting to assert the alarm for all Host models:
1. Click on the Locater tab in the Navigation panel
2. Execute the Application Models -> All Application Models search
3. Filter for rfc2790app in the Results tab on the Contents panel
4. Right mouse click on one of the rfc2790app models in the Results tab of the Contents panel and select Utilities -> Attribute Editor from the menu
5. In the Attribute Editor window, click on the add link to the right of the User Defined entry under the Attributes folder
6. In the Attribute Selector window
a. Filter for the DMon_SendAlarmsTo (0xc41135) attribute for the rfc2790app model
b. Select the DMon_SendAlarmsTo (0xc41135) attribute for the rfc2790app model
c. Click on the OK button
7. In the Attribute Editor window
a. Select the DMon_SendAlarmsTo (0xc41135) attribute
b. Click on the ">" button
c. Uncheck the No Change check box
d. Select Device for the value
e. Check the Set As Default check box
f. Click on the Apply button
8. In the confirmation window, click on the Yes button to confirm the default value change
9. In the Attribute Edit Results window, click on the Close button
10. In the Attribute Editor windows, click on the OK button to close the window
Please refer to the "Host System Resources Management Concepts" section of the documentation for more information.
Please refer to the "OneClick Attribute Editor" section of the documentation for more information.