As an workaround to turning off poll pings globally, ( see NH_POLL_PING_DISABLED ) , elements can be modified so that ICMP requests will not be sent prior to the SNMP requests.
This can be used specifically for polling of Firewalls discovered as 'Systems' that have a strict policy of not allowing ICMP.
1. From the eHealth Console, select Setup > Poller Configuration.
2. Starting with the parent ( -SH ), highlight the element, then select Modify
3. Select the box labeled "Capable of Alternate Latency"
4. Then select Disabled
5. Click Apply/Next for every element related to the parent
6. When finished click OK to close the poller configuration UI and save the changes.
Note: This is an undocumented / unsupported feature. CA is not responsible for any change in behavior to this workaround due to a patch install or revision upgrade
How to turn off the poller pings for selective devices which do not allow ICMP
How to disable poll ping
(Legacy KB ID CNC TS24727 )