Here are the steps to do the discovery utilizing CDP:
1. Launch Discovery by selecting Tools, Utilities, Discovery from SPECTRUM OneClick.
2. Create a new configuration
3. Enter the seed router IPs and note that the more you enter the better the results of the discovery will be.
4. Set the Discovery Type dependent upon what you are discovering.
5. Select the "Use ARP and Cisco CDP tables to discover subnets" option.
6. In the IP Boundary List* window, enter the IP ranges to discover. If you don't know all of the network IPs, or if you want SPECTRUM to discover all of the known networks that are configured on the devices, enter in the complete IP range: 0.0.0.0 -- 255.255.255.255. SPECTRUM will only query the IPs the devices know about.
7. Configure other Modeling Options or Advanced Options that are needed.
8. Select the "Save options as default" if desired and select the Discover button to launch the discovery.