First, for the permissions and ownership of the $NH_HOME/web/cgi-bin/nhSignalHttpd file, make sure that the stickybit is set so that the permissions are -r-sr-xr-x, and confirm that the owner of the file is root.
For the $NH_HOME/web/logs/httpd.pid file, make sure that the permissions are -rw-r--r-- and that the owner of the file is root.
If the permissions and ownership of these files are correct, next check the umask of the root user and make sure that it is (at minimum) 0133. The preferred value is 0022. This will ensure that when the root user recreates these files at restart of the web servers, the files can be accessed by all necessary processes.
Next, check to see if any of current web user's user name have a space in it. There should be no space in the user names for any web users. If there are, please delete and recreate the user with no space in the name.
After doing any or all of these steps, please stop and restart the http servers. To do so perform the following:
As root: /etc/rc3.d/S71httpd stop
As root: /etc/rc3.d/S71httpd start
If these steps have not yet resolved the problem, we must regenerate the httpd.conf file. The steps for doing this are as follows:
1. Please make sure that the $NH_HOME/web/webCfg/users.cfg file exists, and is in the correct directory before proceeding
2. As root, stop the httpd daemon:
/etc/init.d/httpd.sh stop (Solaris)
/sbin/init.d/httpd.sh stop (HPUX)
3. Go to the directory: $NH_HOME/web/httpd
4. Rename your current httpd.conf file to httpd.conf.orig
5. As the NH_USER, issue the commands:
./nhiHttpdCfg -user <nhUser> -grp <nhUser group> -nhDir $NH_HOME -cfg $NH_HOME/web/webCfg/users.cfg > $NH_HOME/web/httpd/httpd.conf
(nhUser group is the Unix group the nhUser account belongs to. You can find this by logging in as the nhUser and issuing the command "id" from the command line)
6. Confirm that the new httpd.conf has been created in the $NH_HOME/web/httpd directory
7. As root, restart the httpd daemon
/etc/init.d/httpd.sh start (Solaris)
/sbin/init.d/httpd.sh start (HPUX)
8. Open a Web browser and verify that the eHealth Web interface is working properly
Release: LHBASC99000-6.2-eHealth-Live Health Upgrade Elements