After adding an attachment attribute (multiple document or single) to an object list view, you see the following error:
System error. Contact system administrator.
I have replicated this issue on both the idea and project objects. So, this probably happens on all objects.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Go to the idea object or the project object and add an attachment attribute (single document or multiple documents).
- Add the attachment attribute to the properties view. You may add it to any section or a section on a subpage.
- Go to the user side and add one or more documents to your attribute on one or more object instances (new or already existing).
- Go back to the idea or project list.
- Click on the Configure option and add your attribute to the list view. Click on Save and Exit.
- Filter for the object instance(s) that you added documents to.
NOTE: They will display successfully.
- Go back to the admin side and open the idea or project object (whichever you chose).
- Click on Views and then Fields to the right of the Idea List or Project List.
- Choose "Available" from the Display drop-down. Then click the Go button.
- Locate your attribute, change its name, and click the Submit button.
- Go back to the idea list or project list on the user side.
NOTE: Your attachment attribute is still displaying successfully.
- Click on Configure, go to the General page, click on the Restore Defaults button, click the Yes button, then click Cancel to go back to your idea or project list.
- Click on Configure again. Add your attachment attribute to the List view. Click the "Save and Exit" button.
- The problem does not occur if you change the name of the attribute under fields only or hit restore defaults only. It only occurs if you perform both activities.
- The problem does not occur if you change the name of the attribute in the list view from configure on the user side.
- The problem does not occur for several attribute types like string, number, boolean. It seems to be specific to attachment attributes.
EXPECTED RESULTS: Your Idea or Project List will display successfully.
ACTUAL RESULTS: You will get "System error. Contact your system administrator."
Under Oracle or MSSQL, you will see the following error or similar in the app-niku.log:
ERROR 2013-08-04 16:03:08,908 [http-80-11] niku.xql2 (admin:5007282__-14def40d:pma.ideaList) Internal Processing exception
com.niku.odf.griphendor.GriphendorException: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.
Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.
... 46 more
If this happens to a custom attribute, do the following:
- Deactivate the attribute.
- Activate the attribute.
- Place the attribute back in any views that it was in before.
NOTE: There is no workaround if this problem occurs to an out-of-the-box attribute.
Resolved on Clarity 13.2
KEYWORDS: CLARITYKB, CLRT-56751, clarity13resolved, clarity132resolved.