Stacked bar graphs do not display correctly in 2-dimensional grids. The stacked bar always shows the metric for the first value in the second dimension (rather than the correct value). We continued to simplify our NSQL query but the problem never went away. It continued to return the same constant values every time it is called.
Steps to Recreate
- Create a simple NSQL query from following:
from (select 1 as dim1, 1 as dim2, 10 as metric1, 10 as metric2
union select 1 as dim1, 2 as dim2, 20 as metric1, 20 as metric2
union select 1 as dim1, 3 as dim2, 30 as metric1, 30 as metric2
union select 1 as dim1, 4 as dim2, 40 as metric1, 40 as metric2
union select 2 as dim1, 1 as dim2, 11 as metric1, 100 as metric2
union select 2 as dim1, 2 as dim2, 12 as metric1, 200 as metric2
union select 2 as dim1, 3 as dim2, 13 as metric1, 300 as metric2
union select 2 as dim1, 4 as dim2, 14 as metric1, 400 as metric2
) as sub
where @[email protected]
- Create a 2-dimensional grid portlet based on above query.
- Set the Y-Axis to DIM1.
- Add both metrics to the data columns.
- Modify metric1 to display as a Bar Graph.
- Make metric2 the stacked attribute.
- Add portlet to any page (or its own new page).
- Display portlet page.
- Swap the Y-Axis to DIM2 and same problem results where stacked bar doesn't change but always shows value for dim1=1.
Expected Results: stacked bar segment should be larger in each column.
Actual Results: stacked bar always shows value for dim2=1 (e.g. 10 or 100).
Currently multi-dimensional NSQL graph portlets such as this are not supported in Clarity. A defect has been opened to prevent customers from creating these in future releases. Defect# CLRT-54030.
Keywords: CLRT-54030, multi-dimensional NSQL graph portlet.