You can restrict access to portlets and pages for individual users, groups, or OBS units.
When you restrict access to pages, users will not see links to the pages if they do not have the appropriate access rights.
For portlets, you can assign restrictions that prevent users from adding portlets to their personal pages. If a user has access to a page, they can view all the portlets on the page.
To restrict access to portlets, follow these steps:
- From Clarity Studio menu, select:
- Portlets, to restrict access to a portlet, or
- Portlet Pages, to restrict access to a portlet page.
- Click the name of the desired portlet or portlet page.
- At Access to this Page, click the type of user you want to grant access rights to. Choose from:
- Resource (a user)
- Group (a group of users)
- OBS Unit (an OBS unit)
- Click Add.
- Select the rights you want to enable. Choose from the following:
- Portlet - View
Allows users to view a portlet in the application.
Allows users to change and view the definition of a portlet (if the user has been granted the "Studio Access" right.
- Page - View
Portlet Pages only. Allows users to view the page in the application.
- Page Definition Editor
Portlet Pages only. Allows users to edit, view, and delete the page definition (requires that the user have "Studio Access" rights).
- Page Definition Viewer
Portlet Pages only. Allows users to view the page definition (requires that the user have "Studio Access" rights).
- Click Next and see a list of resources, group or OBS units appear.
Note: Click the + icon to expand an OBS unit to see child OBS units.
- Check the box next to each user for whom you want to grant the access rights you selected in Select the rights you want to enable. Choose from:
- (OBS units only) For each OBS unit, select one of the following OBS association modes:
- Unit and ancestors, grants rights to the OBS unit and all of its parent OBS units.
- Unit and descendants, grants rights to the OBS unit and all of its child OBS units.
- Unit, descendants, and ancestors, grants rights to the OBS unit and all of its parent and child OBS units.
- Unit only, grants rights to the OBS unit only, not to any parent or child.
- Click Add.