Jobcheck on agent returns "number of client connections to the server exceeded"
Article ID: 5132
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers - Configuration Automation
CA Client Automation - Asset Management
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
CA Client Automation - Remote Control
CA Client Automation - Asset Intelligence
CA Client Automation - Desktop Migration Manager
CA Client Automation - Patch Manager
The following error occurs while running jobcheck on an agent: "The number of client connections to the server exceeded".
- The Scalability server limits the number of simultaneously executing agents to ensure the performance of the scalability server is not impaired.
- If the SS is already deploying a large deployment and you then try to deploy to a single PC it is probable that the PC will not be able to connect to the SS immediatley.
- If you attempt to manually jobcheck at this point you will see the error
- This is controlled by the policy "Concurrency: Maximum number of simultaneously executing agents on Scalability Server" which can be found under:
- Control Panel->Configuration->Configuration policy->Default Computer Policy->DSM->Software Delivery->Scalability Server.
<Please see attached file for image>
Release: UASIT.99000-12.8-Asset Intelligence
Increasing the value of this policy will allow more agents to connect at once.
You can also wait for the SS to become less busy and the job will go through
NOTE: There could be performance issues if this number is increased since this relies on the hardware configuration of the server and the network bandwidth available.