Unable to delete Virtual Machine (vm) models that are being managed by Virtual Host Manager (VHM) in Spectrum.
As a side-effect, users are unable to change the Spectrum model type used to monitor SNMP agents that exist on the VM (this requires the deletion of one model and recreation of a new model with the correct type). This is a problem if the SNMP agent changes from one type to another. This is also problematic if you want to change a VM's model type from an SNMP-capable type to Pingable.
This is functioning as designed.
If you need to delete the VMWare model, or revert an existing VHM SNMP model to a pingable model, or if you need to change the SNMP model type of an existing VHM SNMP model, then the following steps should be followed:
1. Cofigure the virtual machine as required (change SNMP agents or remove them).
2. Ensure VHM SNMP modeling configuration is set as desired:
3. Select the VM that needs to be deleted, and switch to the "Attributes" tab in the Component Detail window.
4. Filter for the "EditModesMask" (0x130cc) attribute in the attribute list on the left.
5. Move the attribute to the right and set the value to '0'. Within 10-15 seconds, the model should be available to delete.
6. Right-click the VM and select Delete from the pop-up menu.