My database seems to run more slowly after upgrading to Oracle 10.2.0.4. Why?
Items to check with your Database Administrator's (DBA) assistance:
- Set the Oracle optimizer to 10.2.0.4
- Run the Oracle Table Analyze job with Analyze percent at 50%
- Check SGA/PGA sizes are adequate for database size and activity
- Refer to the Clarity Install Guide - 'Performance' section
- Check for Clarity Jobs that have a status of 'Processing' that seem to be not finishing in suitable amount of time. Most likely these jobs are hung. Cancel these jobs and reschedule them
If performance issues persist, please open a Clarity Support ticket and attach an AWR report during a period when slow performance was experienced.