Required Security Settings for Internet Explorer 7 for use with Crystal Reports ActiveX Viewer
Article ID: 51103
CLARITY PPM FOR ITG
CLARITY PPM FEDERAL
CA Identity Manager
CA Identity Governance
CA Identity Portal
Clarity PPM SaaS - Application
Clarity PPM On Premise
This document outlines the necessary security settings for Internet Explorer for use with the Crystal Reports ActiveX viewer.
- Launch Internet Explorer 7.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- From the new pop-up window, select the Security tab.
- Make sure that you highlight Internet.
- Click on the Custom level button.
- The Security Settings menu will now come into view.
- Scroll down the settings until you reach "ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins.
- Set the settings as listed below:
Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt
Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls
Binary and script behaviors
Display video and animation on a web page that does not use external media player
Download signed ActiveX controls
Download unsigned ActiveX controls
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe from scripting
- Click OK once you are finished - to save the settings.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- With these settings now updated, you may now open Internet Explorer and successfully view the reports.