SAP Java Connector (JCo) Error "SAP ERROR: Connecting - Unexpected Problem: JCO.classInitialize: Could not load middleware layer com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC JCO.nativeInit: Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc [<installdir>/libsapjcorfc.sl: specified file is not a shared library, or a format error was detected.]".
The error indicates SAP Java Connector (JCo) initialization problem is caused by one of the following:
- JCo was not installed correctly
- Some JCo files are corrupted
- Wrong version of JCo was installed
- JCo files are not visible because of file permissions
In order to resolve the problem;
- Remove the existing SAP JCo installed and install the correct version for the Operating System. The minimum required version of SAP JCo for SAP 5.1 SP1 Agent is SAP JCo 2.1.8, SAP JCo 3.0.x is not supported (refer to 'Installing the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo)' in CA Workload Automation Business Agent for SAP, Release 5.1 SP1, Installation and Setup Guide, for more information).
- Check the SAP JCo files for permissions granted.