When Editing a field in the Gantt, the change doesn't always stick the first time you make an edit.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new project in PPM
2. Navigate to the Gantt for the project by clicking on the Tasks tab then selecting 'Gantt' from the Tasks Tab drop down
3. Enter a name for the Task and click Save to create the first task within the Gantt
4. Click the Green check box icon to create a new task
5. Enter a Name for the task and click Save and Return
6. Attempt to edit a field in the Gantt and tab out of the field (In this example, double click on the Finish field for one of the tasks and select a different date (1/6/17) then the task's current date
7. Click in a different cell in the Gantt
Note, if the issue doesn't happen after creating the Second Task, repeat steps 4-7 until it occurs. It is inconsistent on which task number created makes the issue happen
Expected Result: Change made is shown in the Gantt by a red line across the old data and the new data in black. In this example, the new date of 1/6/17 is shown in the Finish date cell and the old date is reflected in the cell with a red line through it.
Actual Result: Change is not reflected in the edited cell in the Gantt. In the above example, the Finish Date does not change and remains incorrectly as 12/30/16.
This issue is caused by CLRT-81701/DE32408
This issue applies to CA PPM 14.4, 15.1 and 15.2.
After careful review, it has been determined this issue will not be fixed. Please see the workaround noted below.
Workaround: Edit the field again, the change will then stick.
For more details please review the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for CA PPM.