How Can I verify my system is clean after uninstalling Business Service Insight?
Caution - It is advised to backup all customized files and data, including dump of the database.
- Record the location of the installation folders:
- Default locations are:
- \program files (x86)\CA\Cloud Insight
- Inetpub\wwwroot\Oblicore or \WWWRoot
- Uninstall using the MSI installation kit.
- From the add/remove programs - remove all BSI or Oblicore versions.
- If there is more than one version - remove the versions from recent to older.
- Ignore all failures notices during the process.
- Restart the machine.
- Some of the very old Oblicore versions do not enable the option to uninstall from the Add /Remove programs - they will be cleaned manually later.
- Verify and clean Windows components
Note all components that was not removed.
- In the services list verify that all Oblicore services was deleted and;
- All services start with - Oblicore - *.
- All Services start with - PSL*.
- All Services start with Current Status *.
- Delete the needed services from command line with SC.EXE
- SC.exe delete "ServiceName".
- In the components list verify that Oblicore Engine was removed and delete it if needed.
- In the IIS Manager - restore the home directory to Microsoft default or other folder to your choose, usually \Inetpub\wwwroot
- Optionally you can rename the site name from Oblicore_Guarantee to other name by your choice.
- Restore IIS to the default state.
- In the IIS Manager - restore the home directory to Microsoft default or another folder of your choice, usually \Inetpub\wwwroot
- Optionally you can rename the site name from Oblicore_Guarantee to another name of your choice.
- If this is Oblicore 7.0 or higher, then clean out the message queues.
- Delete the og message queues (7.0 and above only). For example, in Windows 2008 they exist under Server Manager as shown below:
<Please see attached file for image>
- Clean the Registry.
- Remove the entire Oblicore key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE.
- Remove all keys that contain Oblicore in their data at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\.
- You can use regfind.exe to log all
- Regfind.exe -p HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\-t REG_SZ Oblicore >Regout1.log
- Remove all keys from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall that contain the REG_SZ with *Oblicore*
- Regfind -p HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -t REG_SZ Oblicore >Regout2.log
- The best practice is to validate only display names containing Oblicore to avoid deleting other kits that was installed from a path that contain the name Oblicore.
- Remove all keys from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products contain REG_SZ *Oblicore*
- The best practice is to validate only [Prodcuctname] containing Oblicore to avoid deleting other kits that was installed from a path that contain the name Oblicore.
- Remove all DWORD from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls contain files that was located at the installation folder (as recorded in the pre-requite step 1,a,i).
- Remove the following keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application
- Remove the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Oblicore
- Clean the Folders.
- Delete the folders:
- \Program Files (x86)\CA\Cloud Insight (or the relevant location where BSI was installed).
- \Inetpub\wwwroot\Oblicore (or the relevant folder where the web folder was installed).