When I start the Web Agent on Apache, I see the following messages in the Apache error log and the Web Agent is not responding:
"Failed to obtain AgentApiHandle. Agent commands are not being processed.
Unable to obtain AgentApi handle.
Agent API initialization failed."
How can I troubleshoot this problem?
Here is a check list:
- Check permissions on the Web Agent binaries according to the Apache User and Groups;
- Set the 644 on SmHost.conf
- Verify that port described in SmHost.conf are the same as for the related HCO and the one you find in the Policy Server Management console;
- Check if the authentication port in the Web Agent HCO and in the SmHost.conf file is correct.
- Check if the IP configuration on the Web Agent box is correct, the network and broadcast parameter correspond to the network on which it is attached;
- Check if there is any problem by DNS;