While trying to create a connection profile with DB2 in Datamaker, I am receiving the following error message, despite being able to successfully connect to and ping DB2 outside of the tool:
FATAL CA Test Data Manager- Datamaker logon error
Cannot connect using supplied values.
[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.xxx.xxx.xx". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "10054", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001
If you are using DB2, you will need to use an ODBC DBMS profile connection or you will receive this error message.
Here is further information from IBM on this error message:
Use an ODBC DBMS profile connection:
1. On the 'Create New Profile in Test Data Repository' window, choose the 'Profile' name.
2. In the DBMS drop down list, choose the 'ODBC' option.
3. In the ODBC Source drop down list, if you don't already have one listed you will need to create one. Click on the icon next to the drop down.
4. In the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' window, click on the 'Add' button. If you add a system DSN, then any user will be able to use this profile connection.
5. Select the 'IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER- DB2COPY1' driver from the list and click the 'Finish' button.
6. In the 'ODBC IBM DB2 Driver-Add' window, choose the 'Data source name' (what you wish to call the connection), the 'Database alias', and the 'Description'.
7. Before clicking 'OK', click the 'Configure' button.
8. Enter in your User ID and Password, then click the 'Connect' button. You should receive a 'Connection is successful' message. Click the 'OK' button.
9. In the 'ODBC IBM DB2 Driver-Add' window, click the 'OK' button.
10. On the 'Create New Profile in Test Data Repository' window, click the green arrow 'Refresh' button.
11. Now select the ODBC Source drop down list and choose the source you just added.
12. Choose the 'Use specified login details' radio button to add your User ID, Password, click 'Store Password' button, and add your Default Schema.
13. Click the green gear button to test the connection. You should receive a message that the connection details are valid.
14. Now click the green checkmark button. Now the profile is added to your Datamaker profile list.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.