This document shows you how to extract and list all Profiles defined in TPX and for each Profile containing sessions.
This example extracts all profiles which are defined in TPX and lists the sessions defined in each profile.
//BATCH EXEC TPX1,VNODE='*BATCH*' <== YOUR TPX HERE
//EXTFILE DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1))
//RPTFILE DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
EXTRACT GIVING(EXTFILE) PROFILE AND ALL SESSIONS(PIDXNAME(--------))
SET RTITLE1 ' PROFILE SESS-ID APPL-ID'
SET RTITLE2 ' ========================== '
REPORT GIVING(RPTFILE) USING(EXTFILE)
((' &PIDXNAME' '&PENTUSER' '&PENTAPPL'))
- If you want to restrict the output to specific Profiles you may change the wildcard '--------' to a more specific one. Using wildcard 'A-------' will create that list only for those Profiles which names start with an A.
- If you need only the Session-IDs (variable &PENTUSER) or only the APPL-Ids (variable &PENTAPPL) you may delete the other variable from the second-last line.
- If you want to display more parameters for the Sessions, you'll find a list of possible parameters in the Section "CA-TPX Profile Session Variables (by Variable Name)" on page 128p of the TPX Batch Administration Guide.
- The two RTITLE-Lines form a heading page and can be omitted.
- In the above example the output of the Batch-Report is written into the TPX Jobs SYSOUT, you might want to change this to a file for further processing.