After a new Remote Agent installation, autoping fails with error:
caught signal #14 auto_alarm=12
read failed stream socket: Interrupted system call
ERROR: AutoPing WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL!
There are several possible reasons: Here is the checklist:
- Are you able to ping from the Remote Agent (RA) to the Server (EP) and vice versa?
- Are both the EP and RA configured with the same value for the "AutoRemPort"?
- Is the configured port for Remote Agent open in both directions (Firewalls)?
- Does the "AutoRemDir" configured on the EP points to a valid directory on the Agent?
- Do you have "write" privileges on "AutoRemDir" directory on the Agent?
- Have you recycled the inetd demon after installing the Agent?
- Do you see any auto_rem* log files created on the Agent?
If you find an auto_rem* log verify the errors reported in the file.
This will provide more information on the reason why autoping does not work correctly.