Under particular circumstances, % Complete may be calculated incorrectly by Clarity, to a value ever so slightly above 100.00%
When a project that holds such a % Complete is opened in Open Workbench, OWB will refuse to open it with the error message "Unable to open project XYZ: the value specified is outside bounds of the specified minimum/maximum".
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a new Project.
- Staff it with a Labor Resource, with 8-hour working calendar.
- Create a new 2-day Task and assign it to the Resource. Ensure that the ETC is 8 hours.
- Edit a timesheet for the resource.
- Enter 4.1 hours for the first day, and 4.1 hours for the next day.
- Submit, Approve and Post this timesheet.
- Run the Update % Complete job.
- Check the newly-created Task in the Clarity UI. % Complete is 100.00%. Expected.
- Check its assignment: Actuals is 8.20 and, ETC for the assignment is 0. Expected.
- In the database, check prTask.prPctComplete for that same task.
Expected Result: prPctComplete to be exactly 1.0, OWB would open the project without problems in this case.
Actual Result: prPctComplete is slightly above 1.0, and OWB refuses to open the project with the given error message.
- Update the % complete on the task directly on the database.
- Change the % complete method on the task to manual.
Resolved in Clarity 12.0.6 Generic Patch. Reference TEC522707
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.2
Resolved in Clarity 12.1.3 Generic Patch. Reference TEC570813
Resolved in Clarity 13.0
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-59961, clarity12resolved, clarity1212resolved, clarity13resolved.