Steps required after upgrading IM, to upgrade CABI's reports.
Essentially you need to replace the "IM Reports" folder in the CMC with the latest version, then the enhancements will be instantiated within the BO report server for IM Reporting.
These general post install steps are required when any reporting enhancements are released for the actual BOXI reports via the standard delivery model. These updated reports are typically released with standard Identity Manager maintenance via an updated BIAR file, which resides in the IM Tools directory, on your IM application server.
Please complete the following post-install steps required to update BOXI's "IM Reports", post application of the latest maintenance:
- Use the ms-sql_reports.biar or oracle_reports.biar, which is specific to your snapshot RDBMS type (NOT the CMS database type).
- This is the biar file located in the IM tools directory. (\tools\imrexport\ReportDefinitions\IM Standard Reports\)
- Replace the "IM Reports: folder on the Business Objects Report Server.
- The "IM Reports" folder is available under Central Management Console -> Home.
- Delete the existing "IM Reports" and then re-import the biar file .
- Optionally, if you only require a specific report updated, connect to Report Server using Import Wizard.
- Rather than importing all the reports, simply only select the specific report from the BIAR file, which you require updated and update it.
- From IM UI, create a new snapshot definition, which can be associated with your enhanced report.
- For instance, ExportALL.XML could be selected, because it can be associated with any report.
- Associate snapshot with report.
- Modifty Admin Task -> search, pull down for category and enter "Reports", click search -> select the report you want to run (report task name) -> click tabs tab -> edit the Report Snapshot Scheduler -> add, search and select your previously created snapshot definition with this, then click "ok" and submit the task.
- Under the Reports section of the IM UI, execute Capture Snapshot Data for the snapshot definition you created
- Request the report based on the new snapshot data, it should now have the enhancements you're looking for.
More information about the OOTB method is located within the IM r12.5SP5 bookshelf (here's the excerpt):
Installation Guides ? Upgrade Guide ? CA Identity Manager Upgrade ? Upgrade Reporting ? Update the Default Reports
Update the Default Reports
Update the default reports to reflect changes made to reports for CA Identity Manager r12.5 SP5.
Important! This process will update all of the default reports. If you customized any of the default reports, be sure to back them up before performing the update.
To update the default reports
- 1. Unzip the importbiarfilestool.zip file on the machine where the Report Server is installed. This tool can be found in the following location:
Important! Unzip this file to the root folder of the drive where the Report Server (Business Objects) is installed.
- 2. Run the following file in the import-biar-tool folder:
Note: Before running the previous file, ensure that the JAVA_HOME variable is set correctly and that you have JDK1.5 installed.
Provide the following information needed to import the default reports:
- Report Server Root Folder-location of the business objects install folder, for example, E:\Program Files\CA\SC\CommonReporting\BusinessObjects
- Enterprise 1.5
- Reporting Database Type-1=MSSQL, 2=Oracle
Note: This is the database that the Report Server (CA Business Intelligence) uses to store its own data.
- Reporting Database User-user created for the Report Database
- Reporting Database Password-password for the user created in Report Database
- Reporting Database DSN Name-the ODBC DSN name created
- Reporting Database Name-the Report Database name
- Reporting Server Administrator Name-The default is Administrator. If you have a different administrator name, provide it here.
- Reporting System Password-reporting administrator's password entered during the installation
- BIAR File Location-use one of the following:
- admin_tools\imrexport\ReportDefinitions\IM Standard Reports\Ms-SQL_Reports\ms-sql_reports.biar
- admin_tools\imrexport\ReportDefinitions\IM Standard Reports\Oracle Reports\oracle_reports.biar
The default reports are imported in the IM Reports folder of the Report Server.
Note: After the import completes, you are asked if you want to remove the biekInstall.properties file. BiekInstall.properties contains sensitive information, such as user passwords. This file is not used again by the tool, but it can be kept for future reference.